Wednesday, March 19, 2008

crock pot

Whoever invented the crock pot is a genious! I can't believe dinner cooks itself! That is just an amazing conecpt to me! I was in awe when I got home yesterday to find dinner had cooked itself! We ate earlier than we have in weeks!

I have been on a mission to revolutionize my culinary self and trade my frozen pizza and hamburger helper for more refined fare. Are you ready: I am actually cooking with recipes this week! I can hardly believe it myself! Since Silas will be eating table food soon and since we are trying to eat healthier, I figured now is as good of time as any! I feel like this is one area that I can intentionally contribute to my household physically and spiritually as I minister to my family. If I treated my household like I ran a business I would be much more disciplined! (see March 5 post!)

So far I'm having a great week!

PS - It has been raining for two days! I'm so excited because if the sunshine isn't out to melt the snow, at least the rain will wash it away!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

As you know, I love to cook. I like trying new things, but as a working mom like you, I need simple and fast. Try kraftfoods.com/kf/. There you can sign up to get Food and Family, a magazine that comes out 5 times a year and it's free! It had great recipes.

Michelle Stockton said...

Thanks, Court! That's a great idea!