Monday, January 14, 2008

lysol

I'm sure you own a can, too. As I was listening to a speaker at a conference last night, I was reminded of this white can whose home is beneath my sink and some lessons I need to re-learn. I tend to be like the example she used: controlling. I think many of us female-type are. Ever since the garden of Eden, Eve (and every woman thereafter) has been continuing her legacy of controlling people, situations, things...the list could go on. We waltz around our homes and churches spraying our cans of Lysol, hoping to sanitize the world. We make list after list to make sure everything gets done in our way and in our time. And we even send God memos in order to check up on Him and how well (or not) he's accomplishing his tasks: "How's it coming with so-and-so? I told you I needed help with her" and "Did you fix his attitude yet?" or "How are you coming with that project? I needed that resolved by Friday." What Jackie Kendall reminded me of was that the issue of control ROBS YOUR JOY. It steals it right out from under you! We have to consistently (daily, minute-by-minute) put our faith and trust in our heavenly Father to work things out in his timing and according to his plans. His ways are higher than mine. He sees the whole picture and plan. I guess that gets me off the hook. After all, I've been known to be wrong on occasion!

No comments: