A major storm sweeping the entire northeast is quickly approaching...quickly. It is supposed to start snowing heavily tonight at 10:00 pm and last until 7:00 am Monday morning, complete with thunder snow or thunder storm. All day I have been busy planning and preparing for this storm, buying canned goods, stockpiling food. I've been to Walmart twice. They recognize me there now. Flights are cancelled at the airport. Churches are closing in preparation for tomorrow and the news is conducting a special broadcast tomorrow morning just to keep everyone updated. I even have the rest of our 200 Christmas cards to work on, should we be stuck inside.
I can't help but think about other preparations I should be making in my life. Preparation for a good home life for my son...a place where he can grow and flourish. Preparation for (intentionally) fostering growth in our marriage. Preparation for my heart to listen to God's voice.
I don't want to get to the end of my life and have prepared for nothing! Or, have prepared for the wrong thing! Today my prayer is that God would help me stay focused so that I do not prepare in vain.
At least with this storm, I purchased all non-perishable items we would eat regardless of an emergency and I know they won't go to waste!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment