Tuesday, December 18, 2007

pay attention; keep in step

Being on staff at our church has huge benefits - I get to be encouraged daily by a staff who loves God and loves others. Over the past couple of months at staff meeting, our pastor has been challenging our leadership team to pay attention to God and keep in step with him and what he is doing.

Can I just brag on God for a minute? He has impecable timing! We partner with various ministries in the city of Buffalo and this past Monday night we joined a ministry who was passing out boxes of love for Christmas. They provide 3,000 families with a complete Christmas dinner as well as a gift for each child in the family. We had a great time wrapping presents and delivering boxes. Well, yesterday a family contacted me about receiving a box and I didn't know how to respond since it wasn't something our church was directly "spearheading" and the overall ministry that we helped wasn't taking applications any longer. I called the ministry leader to get some advice and as SOON as I hung up the phone with him, the phone rang in my office. It was someone from our church who couldn't make it Monday night. They had really been looking forward to Monday night and were so disappointed they couldn't help. I said, "let me throw something out there..." and told them the story of this family in need. Can I just tell you, they are so excited to help! They recognized right away, that this was a God-thing...them calling...us already identifying a need. It really increased my faith because to be honest, I hadn't even prayed about the situation or what God would have me or our church do. It just goes to show you how God knows our need even before we talk to him about it....and sometimes solves it before we can ask! Talk about more than we could ask or imagine...!!!

No comments: