Monday, December 17, 2007

overhaul

Wow, am I exhausted. I haven't been this tired since Silas was a month old! I am excited to share that we are due to close on our house December 31. We really love where we are - great location, small house, pool. We really have all we could ask for in this home. We have three bedrooms, but it's small house, which I love because I don't have to keep up with cleaning a big house and working and caring for an infant. I love our backyard and pool. It's like "Survivor" every night during the summer! I can't wait for Silas to be swimming in it next year!

The appraiser is coming! The appraiser is coming! We have been fortunate to have updated the kitchen and renovated the bathroom right before Silas was born and now there were other things to clean and get done so the whole house would be in order and look the best possible. We decided to do a major overhaul in preparation for the appraiser. I mean, I even got out the pledge!! There have been many things that we (ahem, "I") have fallen behind on and many things to get organized...finally! Yesterday we spent our Sunday afternoon smack in the middle of an overhaul. As I worked, I couldn't help but think how this was affecting my soul. I am in need of an overhaul there as well and I tried to make that known to God as I progressed throughout the day and into the wee hours of the night, letting him know he had permission to work within me...that I can't do it on my own and anything that needs changing, I need help with.

I kept looking out the window as the snow heavily came down, covering our pool, making it level with the deck. I'm sure Silas will have tons of fun in our pool next year and for many years to come! I can't wait to see how different I look in the next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see that you have a blog Michelle! Yay!