Monday, March 15, 2010
baby steps
I have been feeling rather convicted that I'm not reducing my carbon footprint. But this busy working mother of two toddlers has been a little pre-occupied with her select-a-size bounty and her array of plastic shopping bags! I know that we should each do our part to conserve and recylce, I just couldn't figure out how everyone (else) came up with the time! Usually it's amazing if I get the diaper boxes broken down and into the bin for trash night! I was challenged by a friend to take some baby steps. That was four months ago and I'm just now working it into my "rythm." My first baby step was to switch to reusable shopping bags from Wegman's. I started with six and I love them!! They have actually helped me to become much more neat and organized, making sure I get them back into the trunk where they "belong." I'm reminded that nothing happens overnight. As with any change you set out to make in your life, it happens in baby steps. Mine just happend to be SUPER cute and colorful!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment