Monday, April 26, 2010
weeds
I've been in the middle of an overwhelming project. The Flowerbed. What a disaster! I knew it had to be tackled because of the post-winter neglect. For some strange reason, I thought that I would have this project under control in one weekend's time, but that was far-fetched. VERY far-fetched. The scope was way more than I was prepared for. It demanded that I sit in the middle of the mess and work slowly. Not my style, but I eventually found it relaxing....all week while I was working on it...even today as I was STILL working on it. It got me thinking. We never know the weeds in our life until we get in the middle of it. From the road, it looked like I had some nice tall daffodils, some great bushes. But up close, another story. Scott's sermon on Sunday reminded me that outward manifestations of sin are a result of the heart - what's underneath...the roots. "What a man thinks in his heart, so is he" and "out of the heart, the mouth speaks" - very powerful reminders from God's word. So for now, going into week 2, I'm gonna keep weeding my flowerbed. Praying that God continues to weed out my heart, that I'm compliant, allowing Him to make me into everything He intended!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment