Monday, February 18, 2008

choose your battles

Can I just say that I love dry cleaning! Not that I'm trying to get out of any chores.....

This has been one invention that has saved a battle in our marriage! I was reminded of this when I went to set out Scott's clothes Sunday morning before heading off to church ("work") early to set up. (Hey, it saves him five minutes!) I was so happy the pants were pressed and creased so nicely...the shirt was starched and wonderful and I didn't have to wrestle with it for one bit! I have never known how to get clothes to look like that...and I loooove clothes! Correction: I love shopping for clothes. Maybe this is why I never learned how to iron properly. Trust me, I try. I try to iron my own clothes and it looks like " I tried." I just don't remember my mom doing a lot of ironing while I was growing up.

Regardless, I can have a peaceful marriage for about $20/month and when mama's happy, everyone's happy! ( I wish it was this easy all the time! )

No comments: