Sunday, May 16, 2010

good things

Oh, my sweet loves and I were headed to the DQ tonight, something I love unveling to the kids partly because they know what Dairy Queen IS now and partly because I just love the squeals I get! It was a nice, leisurely walk in the wagon, hitting every bump along the way. Fortuately, Sophia didn't bounce out. She just hangs on with both hands. The anticipation is always crazy-fun and seeing them dig into their cold treats, paying no attention to anything else around them is facinating. I just enjoy watching them. Then it got even better when Silas said, "This is fun at Dairy Queen." He's starting to be able to verbalize when things are fun and when he enjoys them and it's cute how he chooses his words, I'm sure many of which he hears us say.

James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights."

Our little trip out of our subdivision took me on a trip of discovery. I caught a glimpse of God through my children today. I learned more about Him and his heart. How it must beat faster when our anticipation is building, not knowing what the surprise is...that job promotion, or that extra visit with a special friend. How his smile grows bigger as he sees us unwrap it. How he feels warmth rush over him as he sees us delight in good gifts.

It was so much fun letting those kids dive into their ice cream. I didn't care if it ran down their faces, if they got it all over their clothes. We were living in the moment. I was feeling blessed, challenged, in love.

No comments: